This policy tells you how Navico manages your personal information and how to contact Navico about privacy matters.
This policy applies to:
- Navico Australia Pty Ltd ABN 96 124 340 898
- Navico Auckland Limited NZBN 9 429 033 563 541
Navico is committed to protecting the personal information of individuals.
2. Personal information
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
3. Collection of personal information
Navico collects and holds personal information so Navico can provide its services and products and to carry out Navico’s business activities. The types of personal information Navico collects includes names, property addresses, phone numbers, email addresses and a limited range of other information. Your personal information may be collected through:
- you subscribing for, or receiving Navico’s newsletters or product, service or other information;
- you participating in product or service surveys or promotions by Navico or its agents, distributors or retailers;
- you providing Navico with feed back about Navico products or services;
- you calling, emailing or corresponding with Navico;
- you interacting with Navico on social media, for example Facebook, Twitter and Instagram;
- you dealing with Navico in relation to warranty, consumer guarantee or product or service claims;
- you entering a competition with or for Navico.
Navico will only collect personal information that is reasonably necessary for one of Navico’s functions or activities, and Navico only collects information about you when you provide it to Navico or it is provided by:
- another member of the Navico group;
- a Navico agent, product distributor or retailer; or
- a third party who manages surveys, promotions or competitions for Navico;
or where it is publicly available, for example from social media.
4. Use and disclosure of personal information
Navico uses and discloses personal information in the day-to-day administration of our primary purpose – the sale and support of marine electronics and related products. Your personal information may also be used to:
- send you promotional material and newsletters, surveys and other information about Navico (including by email or text message);
- promote Navico products and services;
- provide support for owners and users of Navico products, including dealing with warranty and consumer guarantee claims; and
- run and encourage you to take part in promotions and competitions.
Where Navico requests personal information from you, the provision of that information will be voluntary, but in some cases if you do not provide the information requested, Navico may not be able to provide you with certain services. For example, where Navico requests personal information from you in order to process a payment, if the information requested is not provided then Navico may not be able to sell you the product in question.
In carrying out Navico’s primary purpose, Navico may be required to disclose some of your personal information to third party organisations, including to:
- outsourced service providers;
- Navico’s legal, accounting, financial or other professional advisors; and
- regulatory, government and other authorities as required by law.
Navico will not use or disclose personal information for a secondary purpose without the individual’s written consent unless the secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose and the individual would reasonably expect the use or disclosure, or where otherwise allowed by law.
If you receive a marketing email or text message from Navico you will be able to opt out of receiving future emails or text messages of a similar type.
5. Storage and security
Navico will take reasonable steps to ensure the security of any information you provide to Navico. Personal information is stored on a secure internal database and Navico takes reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed.
6. Disclosing information overseas
Navico discloses or allows access to personal information to Navico’s related entities overseas. These include Navico related organisations in USA & UK.
7. Accessing and correcting personal information
If you wish to access or correct any personal information Navico holds about you, please contact Navico's privacy officer using the contact details set out below. Navico will treat all such requests in accordance with applicable law, and may charge a reasonable fee for access to this information. Navico will tell you the fee before you incur liability to pay that fee.
8. Privacy complaints
If you have any concerns about your privacy or wish to make a complaint, you should contact Navico’s privacy officer. If you require a response, Navico will let you know when you can expect a full response.
If you are unsatisfied with the outcome of an investigation, you may make a further complaint to the Government office responsible for Privacy complaints in your country. In Australia, complaints should be made to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by telephone on 1300 363 992 or by email to email@example.com. In New Zealand, complaints should be made to the Office of the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner. A complaint form and further information about the complaints process can be accessed at http://www.privacy.org.nz/your-privacy/how-to-complain/.
You may obtain further information on privacy issues in Australia by visiting the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website at www.privacy.gov.au. Privacy information for New Zealand is available from the Office of the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner at www.privacy.org.nz.
9. Privacy officer
For Navico Australia Pty Ltd:
Navico Australia Pty Ltd
PO Box 4121, Lane Cove NSW 1595
For Navico Auckland Limited:
Navico Auckland Limited
P O Box 331146, Takapuna, Auckland 0740